Question

Edit XML to CSV loop to HTTP Caller

• 18 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge

I've got a workbench setup that uses a preset xml to Post using HTTP Caller and retrieve an ID, see below:

This works successfully. What I'd like to do is use an external CSV or XLS to loop back around and format the XML Templater with the new data for the next Post.

I can't work out how to do this. I have looked at using XML Updater, but not sure I'm doing it right. Can someone help?

See below of how I've attempted this.

3 replies

Badge +2

@kimburrows1242 Just guessing here but I think you need to trigger the XMLTemplater for each update cycle. So if you drop the Creator and instead use a copy of the XLSX input to trigger the XMLTemplater, and then the second copy to update the template that might do it.

Badge

@kimburrows1242 Just guessing here but I think you need to trigger the XMLTemplater for each update cycle. So if you drop the Creator and instead use a copy of the XLSX input to trigger the XMLTemplater, and then the second copy to update the template that might do it.

Do you mean in the first workbench or the second? If it was going to trigger it, how would the XML Templater know what to change and to loop? I'd be feeding it the correct info, but it would it know what to do with it?

Badge +2

Do you mean in the first workbench or the second? If it was going to trigger it, how would the XML Templater know what to change and to loop? I'd be feeding it the correct info, but it would it know what to do with it?

@kimburrows1242 In your second image. Sheet1 - XMLTemplater & XMLUpdated / Update