Solved

Sending multiple attachments using E-mail in Automation

Badge +10

Hello

I just started using Automation in FME Server 2020 and plan to use it more by migrating my existing scheduled jobs.

I have a workspace which runs a batch script.

It uploads multiple files to an SFTP server using WinSCP.com commands withing the script.

The workspace in question, in "Automations" is connected to 2 Email (External Action)

1 - Success then send an e-mail

2 - Failed then send an e-mail with 2 attachments (WinSCP.txt & Error.txt)

Number 2 is the problem.

So I thought I'd use Global Keys for that purpose ({Global.Email_Attachment}{Global.Email_attachment1})

Right now it's failing before when the 2 parameters are associated together I get an error in the log stating that the file can't be found.

Is that possible and if so how do I include both Global Keys within the Email Attachment field?

If not how do I proceed?

Thanks

Sameer
icon

Best answer by mattmatsafe 25 August 2022, 23:58

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @sameer,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this blocker! Unfortunately so far, we're only able to send one attachment outgoing in the 'Send an Email' action, can you try zipping up your two attachments to send as one instead?

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @sameer,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this blocker! Unfortunately so far, we're only able to send one attachment outgoing in the 'Send an Email' action, can you try zipping up your two attachments to send as one instead?

Or, alternatively, a workspace with an Emailer transformer, as that does support multiple attachments.

Badge +10

Or, alternatively, a workspace with an Emailer transformer, as that does support multiple attachments.

@jovitaatsafe @redgeographics

Thanks. I've used another "Send an Email" action to attach the second file in case of failure. I just wanted to use "Automations" instead of altering my workspace. I was just being stubborn. Seems that it's a limitation for now. Maybe that should be a feature improvement.

Badge +7

@sameer​ Update: as of FME Server 2022.1, it is now possible to attach multiple files when using the Email Action

Badge +10

@sameer​ Update: as of FME Server 2022.1, it is now possible to attach multiple files when using the Email Action

@mattmatsafe​ Thanks. That's great news! I will be updating FME Server in due course.