Question

Empty tables when writing

• 17 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi FME Community

I have encountered an issue that I cannot find the solution for.

I have a Reader -> Writer setup. Reading from a MSSQL db and writing to a Postgres.

When reading the table and making a preview, everything looks as it should be.

Then I run the transport and looking at the preview of the writer after a successfull termination of the task.

And this is what I see

Even though I've made a Scheme called 'dbo'. and the DB-connection setup is successfully connected. The table isn't to be found in the PG-db.

I've encountered this a couple of times, especially when writing to databases, however I cannot find any consistency in when it will or won't populate the tables.

I've tried to make a transformer inbetween, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't.

Sincerely

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Attribute names are case sensitive.

Looks like your source is not matching the destination attributes.

Quick solve: right click the link between the feature types and pick "Auto connect attributes".

This will connect the attributes.

To make it more sustainable, follow up with "Replace Link with AttributeManager".

Hope this helps solving the issue.

Attribute names are case sensitive.

Looks like your source is not matching the destination attributes.

Quick solve: right click the link between the feature types and pick "Auto connect attributes".

This will connect the attributes.

To make it more sustainable, follow up with "Replace Link with AttributeManager".

Hope this helps solving the issue.

Results just came in:

However no data was transferred.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Results just came in:

However no data was transferred.

Did you remove the empty records first or are you still looking at the same records and have the good records been appended at the end of the table?