Question

InLineQuerier - Database Not Specified

Badge

Hello,

I have previously used InLIneQuerier to join FileGDB connections without issue, but am having trouble when using with Oracle connections.

When running the query within the transformer in order to test i keep getting the 'Database Not Specified' message as per screenshot.

In the example below all i have done is attached just one connected Oracle table to the transformer, and then used the Generate button just to test if this can do the most simple of queries and I am still getting this error message.

Any thoughts on where I could have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Robin

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

In my experience the run button doesn't work in the inlinequerier. It doesn't mean that the query doesn't work, you have to test by running the workspace.

Badge

Hi,

Although this doesn't specifically answer your question, the following, lifted from the InlineQuerier help under the Usage Notes section, maybe useful given your Oracle example above:

• If all the data to be queried already resides in a SQL-capable data source, consider using the SQLExecutor or SQLCreator instead, as queries will be more efficient when performed by the source database.
  • If the query is a simple join between features and a database source, and the key(s) are indexed in the database, consider using a DatabaseJoiner for more efficient processing.

Thanks,

Simon