Question

How to create multiple features?

• 21 April 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge

Dear FME-Users,

I’d like to create multiple features (e.g. shapefiles) from multiple input rasters. For instance: I’ve 3 input raster and I’d like to have 3 features as output.

But it does not work, I get just 1 output-feature as result.

You’ll find my FME-workflow in the attachment.

Thank you very much and best regards. :)

Konrad

8 replies

Userlevel 4

You need to do a fanout on your writer based on an attribute unique to each output file. You can e.g. use a Counter if you just need an incrementing filename.

Example:

Badge

You need to do a fanout on your writer based on an attribute unique to each output file. You can e.g. use a Counter if you just need an incrementing filename.

Example:

It seems that just the name of input files are differnt. I really need to do a fanout? I've 72 files.

Userlevel 4

You can try fanning out based on the "fme_feature_type" attribute. You may have to expose it on the reader first, if it's not visible in the workspace.

Badge

I’ve tried „fme_basename“, now it works. :) Thank you very much @david_r.

Badge +16
In that case use the fme_basename (raster file name), just make sure to expose it in the reader.

Badge +16
It seems that just the name of input files are differnt. I really need to do a fanout? I've 72 files.

In that case use the fme_basename (raster file name), just make sure to expose it in the reader.

Badge +16

I’ve tried „fme_basename“, now it works. :) Thank you very much @david_r.

glad I also could help.

Badge
glad I also could help.

Yes @itay thank you very much too. :)