Question

Problem Writing to Different Table Qualifier

Badge

I am trying to use a FeatureReader to read a list of feature classes from a .csv file, project each feature class, and truncate/append to already existing feature classes in a different geodatabase with a different table qualifier. If I use the owner connection to read the inputs it works but if I use a read-only account to read the input it does not know the table qualifier unless listed in the .csv file. But if I include the table qualifier in the .csv input the output includes the table qualifier as part of the name and fails to write to the output geodatabase because it includes the table qualifier as part of the name and that table qualifier does not exist in that database. I have tried checking the Remove Table Qualifier in the FeatureReader but it did not seem to make any difference.

Thanks,

Dave

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Could you please share the log file?

Userlevel 4

My recommendation is to activate the option Writers / Redirect to Data Inspector and look for mentions of the schema name, e.g. in the geodb_* format attributes and fme_feature_type. Usually you can fix these issues using either a StringReplacer (to remove the schema part of a full name) or an AttributeRemover (to remove format attributes)

Badge

This is the log when specifying the schema.featureclass in the .csvSDE_To_SDE_Data_Update_Dave.txt