Question

ArcGIS Pro, Spatial ETL, Workbench - Creating a feature class input

• 2 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I am trying to write a task that simply clips an ERS file based on a featureclass in a file geodatabase.

I have successfully written it with hardcoded locations in FME workbench, however the initial reader is a file geodatabase so when you import the .FMW into a GP toolbox the input parameter is the FGDB.

Anyone know how you can set up a parameter in FME to allow the featureclass to added instead so the GP tool can be used to select the feature class used for the clip?

Thanks in advance,

Gareth

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @waltersgareth,

If you want to use the attributes from a Reader, you can select the option in transformer Merge Attributes:

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @waltersgareth, I think you want to allow the user to select a feature class for each run through a parameter. If so, you can define such a published user parameter with these steps.

1. Change the reader feature type to a single merged feature type.

Check the Merged Feature Type checkbox in the feature type properties dialog. After that, the reader feature type can read features from any feature class specified via the Feature Types to Read parameter of the FGDB reader.

2. Create a published user parameter to select a feature class which should be read.You can create a user parameter linked to the Feature Types to Read parameter, through the Navigator window.1) Right-click on the Feature Types to Read parameter and select the Create User Parameter in the context menu. Note: I created this screenshot with FILEGDB reader so there are differences from your GEODATABASE_FILE parameters, but I think the Feature Types to Read is common to both.

2) Configure the parameter with the Modify Feature Types List dialog which will be opened when you select the menu item above.

I cannot test how the new parameter would reflect to the interface of ArcGIS Pro, since I don't have Esri Data Interoperability extension. Hope it works as expected.