Question

How to bring in CAD blocks from template dwg and then clip them

• 13 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge

Part of my FMW gets an area, creates a grid of points within, converts them to blocks via the dwg styler and then clips it from a negative buffer of itself.

This is an attempt to create a symbolic fill for an area.

Blocks still expand beyond the Area as seen below (1st screenshot is the current result, 2nd screenshot is desired output). Is there a way to clip the blocks to the area?

I would also like to randomise the fill pattern rather than use a strict grid, so if anyone has an idea on how to do this I would be very interested.

2 replies

Badge

When You transform grid points to blocks, They obviously thake up more space. So, If They are close to boundaries, They exeed it. The unique way to do something, is write a temp file and read it in the same wb and after clip outside lines. Unfortunately You will lost blocks despice lines. I make for you a wb to do so. There are also a step to shift grid point. Below result you will obtain by attached example wb

area_filler.zip

Badge

@proudgis

If your output dataset was an autocad file, It should be better using a hatch pattern built from blocks (simply and more corrected way).