Question

Microstation curves and Bspline curves

• 6 February 2020
  • 6 replies

Unable to correctly convert DGN which contains MicroStation traditional curves and Bspline curves. The resulted curves are stroked incorrectly. What is needed that stroked line follows curves more accurate. The undocumented parameter for dgn reader "Number of interpolated curve vertices" works for curves but not for Bsplines.

DGN reader ::

Result is not as expected

6 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

Are you using the latest version of FME? Bsplines seem to be stroked correctly for me.

Owen

Hello,

Are you using the latest version of FME? Bsplines seem to be stroked correctly for me.

Owen

What type of Bspline you had? Is it through point or control point? Also can you change number of vertices for Bspline ?

Badge +1

What type of Bspline you had? Is it through point or control point? Also can you change number of vertices for Bspline ?

Hello, yes standard bspline in Microstation with control points. No option to change the number of vertices, so I think that parameter only acts on curves. If you need control over that, probably best to drop the elements to lines in microstation first.

Hello,

Owen

Seems if DGN Bsplines are placed with method through point it doesn't convert correctly from DGN. We use only trough point type and not possible to drop as they need to remain as splines also need to avoid using Microstation.

Badge +1

Seems if DGN Bsplines are placed with method through point it doesn't convert correctly from DGN. We use only trough point type and not possible to drop as they need to remain as splines also need to avoid using Microstation.

I dont think FME supports bspline curves as a geometry type, so if they need to remain bsplines perhaps not a job for FME

Hello,

Owen

I need to convert from DGN to GDB so it is perfectly fine that curves are facetized just it doesn't work for this case. Control points are also lost on translation so not possible to recover the spline as it was.