Question

Join The FME Explorers Program - Help Shape FME's Future!

• 26 September 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Introducing The FME Explorers Program

Join us in user experience studies to help explore new ideas and shape FME's future! 

Explorer graphicI want to be an FME Explorer!

How does it work?

• What am I signing up for?
    • By signing up for the FME Explorers Program, you are letting us know that you are interested in participating in future user experience studies. We periodically conduct user experience studies to help us better understand how our users work with FME or data in general, and identify opportunities to make FME better.
  • What to expect when I sign up?
    • When you sign up, you'll be redirected to a short survey (won't take more than 5 minutes) to help us get to know you a little better. The information we gather from this survey will only be used to help us determine which of our future studies would be a good fit for you.
    • When we find a user experience study that is a good match for you, we will email you an invitation. The invitation will include more details on that particular study, so you can decide whether you want to participate.
  • Who can join?
    • We are looking for people over the age of 18, who work with data in some capacity. Maybe you've never used FME for a day in your life, or you are known as an FME Guru. Your perspectives and feedback can help us make FME better for everyone, no matter your experience!
  • What are these studies like?
    • Most of our user experience studies will be conducted online:
      • Some will be one-on-one between you and a researcher (usually take an hour or less)
      • Others will be a short online survey (usually take 5-10 minutes)
      • In some rare cases, we may need to conduct in-person studies (time commitment may vary)
    • You may test out a new feature prototype, or chat with a researcher about a new idea we are exploring. We will always include details about a particular study when we invite you to participate. Your participation is entirely voluntary.
  • What’s in it for me?
    • For participating in one of our user experience study sessions, you may receive a token of our appreciation, usually in the form of a gift card. We will always tell you exactly what you’ll receive for participating when we invite you to a study.
    • You will directly influence the design of FME features, and help build an FME platform that you and others like you will love even more.
    • Plus, you will likely get an early sneak peek at new features that we are developing.
  • How soon will you contact me?
    • We will email you an invitation when we have a study that seems like a good match for you. In the invitation, we might include a short questionnaire to further ensure that the study is the right fit for your experience. It could take a few days to a few months for the right study to come along. But you'll have our eternal gratitude, even if you never participate in a study.
  • How will you use the information I provide to you?
    • All the personal information you provide to us during the sign-up process, or in any questionnaires associated with a user experience study invitation will only be used for the purpose of matching you with a study.
    • We may use your (anonymized) personal information to classify your input into data groupings for our research purposes.
    • Please refer to our Privacy Policy for more information.
  • What if I change my mind after signing up?
    • If you no longer wish to receive invitations to FME user experience studies, simply submit your email address using this opt-out form.
  • **Important to know**:
    • You will absolutely NOT receive any sales pitches as a result of joining the FME Explorers Program
    • The email address you provided will NOT be added to our regular newsletter mailing list. (You’ll continue to receive any other emails you’ve subscribed to)
    • User Experience studies are a way for us to identify opportunities for improvements in the FME Platform. They are NOT testing the participants' abilities in any way.
    • The study result will only be used for research purposes, and will NOT be shared outside of Safe Software.

Sounds good, sign me up!

All other questions and comments about the FME Explorers Program are welcome at ux@safe.com

6 replies

Badge +8

@xiaomengatsafe I get this screen at the end, even though I chose "Yes" for the 18+ question....

Badge +2

@xiaomengatsafe I get this screen at the end, even though I chose "Yes" for the 18+ question....

Ah, Thank you for catching this, @runneals. Should be fixed now.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Signed up and looking forward to participating in making FME even better (if possible).

Badge +2

Signed up and looking forward to participating in making FME even better (if possible).

Thank you @erik_jan!

Badge +9

I'm just wondering id the FME Explorers Program is running or not?

I haven't heard anything since I register in September 2019.

Badge +2

I'm just wondering id the FME Explorers Program is running or not?

I haven't heard anything since I register in September 2019.

Hi @gabriel_hirsch, Thanks for checking in!

Yes, the FME Explorers Program is definitely running.

We've received a lot of registration for the program, and have recently conducted a usability study on FME Server Menu with several FME Explorers.

In each of these studies, we usually require a small number (5-15) of participants. So not everyone will be contacted right away. But we appreciate your willingness to help and look forward to work with you in our future studies.

Also, we are thinking of ways to share the activities and study findings with the whole FME Explorers community. So stay tuned for more... ?