Question

with DGN file i have points and line strings with outer boundary polygon and how to make polygon with points and polygon

• 24 October 2019
  • 2 replies

with DGN file i have points and line strings with outer boundary polygon and how to make polygon with points and polygon

2 replies

Badge +4

@pranneshgeo, you will need to try out the LineBuilder to first build lines from the points and then AreaBuilder transformer for making polygons. The AreaBuilder takes a set of topologically connected linework and creates topologically correct polygon features where the linework forms closed shapes.

HTH

Happy FME-ing :-)

SRG

Badge +3

@pranneshgeo

Hi.

1. Select all lines (tester)

2. Linebuilder, grouped by Class (I'm assuming different colors are different objectclasses) If not, group them by color.

3 Use a Intersector or a LineOnLine Overlayer . (LineOnLineOverlayer has tolerance option, you might want that if the drawing is topologically not perfect).

If topology still not ok, use 1 snapper "endpoint" maode and (maybe) 1 snapper in "segment" mode.

4.Areabuilder.

5. Relate the points to area using a SpatialRElator where area contains point. This way you can transfer the point info to the area.

If you need example, post the (sample) data you display in the image.