Solved

vertex point in autocad and GIS

• 13 April 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

Hello everyone!

Although I am new to FME, I have been working non-stop studying it for the past month and have reached a point where I cannot solve it.

Some background to understand my problem.

I design and build existing sewer network maps, and of course, sewer network planning as well.

I pick up the map through the autocad, where alphanumeric check are done, as well as geometric check.

The place I got stuck in is the geometric inspection.

As we know, the sewer moves gravitationally, and in order for the map to be correct, first of all, the sewer lines must be connected snap to each other, for example:

And not like this:

These mistakes are due to lack of attention, etc., and in quality control I need to make sure they do not move on.

So my challenge here is to figure out how to locate those non-pinned vertext points, then either automatically fix, or at least alert them to.

The other challenge I suppose that can be solved similarly is the flow directions.

The geometric network that I then build in GIS must be correct in terms of the sewer lines, and is influenced by the order of points where the line is absorbed by the autocad.

When inserting polyline in an autocad, the first point of the line is indicated in green in GIS, and the end point in red.

This is a good example, because the first point is upstream, and the end point downstream (arrow direction)

However:

In this example, it's the opposite, and these problematic places I need to discover:

Of course I tried every transformer that may be related to vertex, and I couldn't figure out how to do it.

What I thought needed to be done was to check whether a starting point was attached to an endpoint and, if not, to output some output.

Of course if anyone has a different idea of how to do it, I'd be more than happy to hear ..

Hope everything is explained well and understandable.

Thank you!

Dor

icon

Best answer by markatsafe 13 April 2020, 23:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +16

Have you tried the Snapper transformer in case it does not matter which point snaps to the other?

Or the AnchoredSnapper transformer if you need certain points to remain in place and other points to snap to the anchors?

Hope this helps.

Badge +5

Have you tried the Snapper transformer in case it does not matter which point snaps to the other?

Or the AnchoredSnapper transformer if you need certain points to remain in place and other points to snap to the anchors?

Hope this helps.

thanks @erik_jan!

I can't believe I missed the snapper!

It really helped,

The problem that it does not solve my second problem ..

Do you think this is something that can be solved in FME?

Badge +2

@dor1411993 for your second problem - the NetworkFlowOrienter might help

Badge +5

@dor1411993 for your second problem - the NetworkFlowOrienter might help

@markatsafe, thanks!

I will learn this transformer.