Question

FME Sever "repository does not exist"

The issue is when I try to run any workspace through FME server they get this error: “Repository does not exit”.

I tried the below steps to solve this issue but it’s still not working:

1. Restart FME services.
  2. Restart server.
  3. Publish the workbench and create new folder in repository.

This issue appeared after windows security patch was updated.

Please note that the schedule is working fine but if we try to run the workbench manually it gives the error.

In attached file you will find the errors.

Please advise.

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Make sure that the user running the FME Server Engines service has sufficient rights in both the FME Server application and shared repository directories.

Also have a good look in the fmeserver.log to see if there is more information there.

I have made sure that the FME server Engines and the applications have the same right permission and also the repository directories are shared to all users.

Please note that the FME sever is able to run the workbenches from schedule too but when I try to run the workbenchs manually from run tool it gives the above error.

If I repair FME server from setup.exe will it have an effect on our configurations like SSL and LDAP ?

I have also attached the logs also as I could not find any information that could help.

Thank you David

Userlevel 4

That is weird. You could try a repair, but I highly recommend doing a backup first, see https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Server_Documentation/Content/AdminGuide/Backup_Configuration_2014.htm

Renamed the repository and the repair was done successfully but now the logs are not being generated .

Can you please shed some light on this issue @david_r ? (attaching the screenshot) fme-error-2.png