Solved

Expose Autodesk Civil 3D Property Sets

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Is it possible to read the Property Sets from Autodesk Civil 3D with the current FME Desktop?

I only found this topic while searching.

https://knowledge.safe.com/questions/34435/new-autodesk-civil-3d-2017-property-set-definition.html

If not I will create a new Idea for this.

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 7 March 2017, 19:56

View original

7 replies

Badge +16

Hoi @nielsgerrits if you mention the safer giving the answer in the post maybe you can get faster an update on the matter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Hoi @nielsgerrits if you mention the safer giving the answer in the post maybe you can get faster an update on the matter.

True that. @reganproulx could you share some insight on this subject? Extracting Civil Property Sets using FME. I'm not sure if the linked subject is about the same thing. I only need Propery Sets from real Civil Objects. (Corridors / surfaces.)

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hello @nielsgerrits Yes, Civil 3D property set reading is still just a potential new feature. Feel free to create an idea for it.Thanks.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Also, @nielsgerrits reading your comment above, there are more challenges for your scenario. FME Civil 3D reading does not currently include Corridor support. Also, TIN Surface support is only available as of FME 2017.1.

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Also, @nielsgerrits reading your comment above, there are more challenges for your scenario. FME Civil 3D reading does not currently include Corridor support. Also, TIN Surface support is only available as of FME 2017.1.

Thanx for the quick reply @reganproulx I need to check with a college what we really need, as I am by no means a Civil expert.

Badge +3

@nielsgerrits @reganproulx

Hi both, was there any update on this? Did you find a way to read property set data?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@nielsgerrits @reganproulx

Hi both, was there any update on this? Did you find a way to read property set data?

Please see the related idea: https://knowledge.safe.com/idea/40970/civil-3d-property-set-reading.html

This is currently on the road map for calendar 2018. Likely for FME 2018.1 betas / release.