Question

Minecraft block orientation

• 13 November 2019
  • 3 replies

We made buildings in Minecraft from 3D data. One problem is that the facades have twisted blocks, Is is possible to change the block orientation so the blocks point in the same right direction for every house?

3 replies

Badge +15

I don't fully understand what you want.

What are twisted blocks? Some blocks do have an orientation, like stairs. This is set by the Block state parameter. I don't know if the FME writer supports this parameter.

But the blocks in your image don't look like blocks with an orientation. So it looks like you want to rotate the blocks with steps smaller than 90 degree.

This is absolutely impossible within Minecraft.

What you could do is rotate the whole world by some degree's. If all buildings are for example 10 degrees off north, the result will be straight. But if 1 building is 10 degree off and another is 15 degree off the result will still be 'twisted'

Badge +2

I have a similiar problem. While creating streets from an osm dataset, I am placing water-runoffs at street borders. Ideally the result should look similiar to this:

The blocks (stone-stairs) are placed facing away from the street. The situation above was created manually.

Orientating blocks like described is not possible with the current minecraft writer, because it doesn't support the "facing" attribute.

2019-12-09 16:06:19| 11.1| 0.0|WARN |MINECRAFT writer: The following components will be dropped from the point cloud: facing

My FME-Process places blocks with a default orientation (facing: east). Not very nice :(

If possible, please include the facing parameter :)

Regards,

Moritz

Badge +11

Hi @tobiasrydlinge and @momi,

I checked in with our development team and this doesn't seem to be something supported just yet. I've created an idea here if you would like to go upvote it and share your use case to inform development of your interest. Sorry for the inconvenience!