Solved

points in polygones

Badge

HI, I need to filter/select the points which are in the polygones.

I have many points and a 35 polygons. The result should be 35 layers of polygones in which will be this points which are overlaping polygons. I tried to do it with PointOnAreaOverlayer, but it does not work how I want to. I tried it now only with 3 Polygones. The reprojecting system is ok, and they are overlaping. As a result I get separate polygone and points-which is the same result as at the beginning. How to merge this points and polygones together?

The result:

icon

Best answer by takashi 6 June 2019, 11:02

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @tereziastredna

Could you send the Workspace template ( .fmwt )?

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

template.zip

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Thanks your Template file.

I selected the transformer PointOnAreaOverlayer with create a List of attributes - all points inside the polygon:

Do you need all attributes from points?

I did run the Workspace and checked just a polygon with list of attributes from points inside the selected polygon:

Thanks,

Danilo

Badge

Thanks your Template file.

I selected the transformer PointOnAreaOverlayer with create a List of attributes - all points inside the polygon:

Do you need all attributes from points?

I did run the Workspace and checked just a polygon with list of attributes from points inside the selected polygon:

Thanks,

Danilo

Hi,

thanks for reply.

Yes, I need all of attributes which are there.

Ok I can see in list of polygone the number of _overlaps. Can I get the layer of theese points?

Acctualy what I need is to have a Polygone layer and the points- layer which are inside of this polygone. Not together if possible

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi,

thanks for reply.

Yes, I need all of attributes which are there.

Ok I can see in list of polygone the number of _overlaps. Can I get the layer of theese points?

Acctualy what I need is to have a Polygone layer and the points- layer which are inside of this polygone. Not together if possible

Thanks

Hi @tereziastredna

About to have layer Polygon and Points on the same Writer is possible, but in Shapefile is not possible - is a restriction by Shapefile format.

Maybe Geodatabase.

Badge

Hi @tereziastredna

About to have layer Polygon and Points on the same Writer is possible, but in Shapefile is not possible - is a restriction by Shapefile format.

Maybe Geodatabase.

Hi,

ok I understand.

Is there maybe another option how to get theese point layer?

maybe with a different transformers? I would preffer to have a points layer.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

In my quick test, the points have been separated into three groups - points in group A are within the area of "Rheinland-Pfalz", B are within "Hessen" and C are within "Nordrhein-Westfalen", as shown in the screenshot below.

Do you need to write the point features into three Shapefile files (named A, B, C for example) for each group separately?

Badge

In my quick test, the points have been separated into three groups - points in group A are within the area of "Rheinland-Pfalz", B are within "Hessen" and C are within "Nordrhein-Westfalen", as shown in the screenshot below.

Do you need to write the point features into three Shapefile files (named A, B, C for example) for each group separately?

Hello @takashi.

Thanks for your help.

Yes that is exactly what I would like to have.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

I think "Feature Type Fanout" is what you are looking for. See here to learn more.

https://docs.safe.com/fme/html/FME_Desktop_Documentation/FME_Workbench/Workbench/Setting_Feature_Type_Fanout_Properties.htm