Question

There is no geometry in this view?

I can preview data with Inspector in workbench. After I wrote the data out as a GML file based on XSD schema, I looked at the GML file in the FME Data Inspector. But it appears that there is no Geometry in this View. What is the reason? Is there an error with setting parameters for writing GML files?

Can anyone help me?

4 replies

Badge +21

Hi!

Make sure there is geometry in the GML file and you might also have to use a GeometryReplacer to give the features geometries. Select one feature and have a look at the attributes. Does anyone of them contain geometry?

Hi!

Make sure there is geometry in the GML file and you might also have to use a GeometryReplacer to give the features geometries. Select one feature and have a look at the attributes. Does anyone of them contain geometry?

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I use a GeometryReplacer to give the feature geometry, and look at the feature geometry in workbench. The geometry is "fme_polygon".

Also I look at the gml file, which has correct data.

But when I look at the gml file in Data Inspector, there is no geometry.

I am confused about that. Can you help me?

Badge +2

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I use a GeometryReplacer to give the feature geometry, and look at the feature geometry in workbench. The geometry is "fme_polygon".

Also I look at the gml file, which has correct data.

But when I look at the gml file in Data Inspector, there is no geometry.

I am confused about that. Can you help me?

If you inspect the features at the GeometryReplacer does the geometry show up correctly? Just want to confirm whether the GeometryReplacer is in fact creating the geometry or if the issue is on the writer side.

If you inspect the features at the GeometryReplacer does the geometry show up correctly? Just want to confirm whether the GeometryReplacer is in fact creating the geometry or if the issue is on the writer side.

I look at the feature geometry at the GeometryReplacer in workbench, and the geometry is "fme_polygon".

Maybe the issue is on the writer side. But the GML file was written according to XSD file, and the XSD file is correct.