Question

Configure Esri Feature Class aliases in a dynamic workflow

• 18 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,

I am working in a workbench for exporting layer from Oracle Spatial to a FileFeoDb, taking the layers to export of a configuration excel.

I've already done it, but now I need to configure the alias of every feature class I manage in the process

I have searching for a solution but I cannot find anything. My expertise un FMW is not very high, so I need some advise on this...

I'm thinking in aggregate aliases in the same way I did with layer names, but I'm not really sure where to configure the attribute generated contained all aliases aggregated.

thanks!

2 replies

Badge +2

@ruben.perez you can set the format attribute geodb_feature_class_alias with the feature class alias name. This will set your feature class alias name when FME creates the feature class. More on FME and Geodb aliases in this article: Working with Geodatabase Field Aliases: Altering Alias Values

@ruben.perez you can set the format attribute geodb_feature_class_alias with the feature class alias name. This will set your feature class alias name when FME creates the feature class. More on FME and Geodb aliases in this article: Working with Geodatabase Field Aliases: Altering Alias Values

Thanks a lot!

I understand now how to do it, but I still don't know how to implement it in a dynamic scenario...

Where I have to add all that aliases? (I guess I have to aggregate them in the same way as layer names...).

Any advice would be appreciated!

thank you!