Question

How do you get the fme_basename parameter to update for each filename opened in a workspace runner?

Badge +1

I need to copy all of the features in a folder containing many zipped shapefiles to tables in a SQL Server.  The table names in the SQL Server need to reflect the shapefile names.  Currently I am using the Table Name Expression: 

NatTitl_@Value(fme_basename)

When I run the workspace runner that I created, the same table name is applied to every shape file.  Hence, the fme_basename parameter is not updating when a subsequent shapefile is opened.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Consider using "fme_feature_type" instead of "fme_basename". "fme_feature_type" stores feature type name, which is equal to the source file name without extension if the source format is a folder-based one, such as Esri Shapefile.

Badge +1

The problem occurs regardless of whether fme_basename or fme_feature_type is used. I have attached the fme files with fme_feature_type instead of fme_basename.

I don't understand how changing the parameter to fme_feature_type from fme_basename presents a solution to the question?