Solved

Feature Reader reading from wrong location - FME Server

• 30 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a Feature Writer configured to write a csv to a parameterised path. In FME Server, this is configured as a Resource Path. This works OK and writes to: \\FMEServer\\resources\\data\\file.csv

A subsequent (text) Feature Reader uses the same parameterised path (with the filename). Unfortunately this appears to read from \\FMEServer\\repositories\\repository\\workspace/file.csv

Refer attached - have I configured this incorrectly or is this not supported?

This is for: FME Server 2016.1.0.1 - Build 1649

icon

Best answer by david_r 30 October 2018, 14:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

You could try using a ParameterFetcher to extract the parameter value AssetWorkflowCSVPath into a feature attribute and use that in the FeatureWriter + FeatureReader instead of the parameter. At least then you'll be able to set breakpoints and inspect the contents.

Badge

You could try using a ParameterFetcher to extract the parameter value AssetWorkflowCSVPath into a feature attribute and use that in the FeatureWriter + FeatureReader instead of the parameter. At least then you'll be able to set breakpoints and inspect the contents.

That now works with a ParameterFetcher (I need two: one for Writer and one for Reader - as the Writer Summary wipes-out the attribute).

Seems like a bug if I don't use the ParameterFetcher.

Badge +2

Hi @peterx,

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue in either 2016.1 or 2018.1 so I think David's suggestion is the best option for you now.

If anyone else runs into this issue then please do let us know.
Badge

Hi @peterx,

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue in either 2016.1 or 2018.1 so I think David's suggestion is the best option for you now.

If anyone else runs into this issue then please do let us know.

Thanks for looking. Yeah, it's a funny one - I don't think it's related to the internal/FME Shared Resource folder, but rather the Workspace Reader being tied to the repositories folder - when I cut-back to standard UNC path in the parameter, it still was looking at this folder, rather than the parameter.