Question

Problem with dissolver

• 14 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge

Dear FME users.

I maked a buffer with Bufferer transformer with a group by ID but it doesn't work on all lines.

So I tried to dissolve my buffer with Dissolver but I've the same result like you see on this draw :

(Blue : My original 10 buffers - Red : My result)

I give you a workbench example :

Do you know how I can't d othat correctly ?

Thank you for your help.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Looks like the line has a gap and that will result in multiple buffers that can not be dissolved.

If needed you can close the gap using a Snapper first.

Badge

In your Dissolver Parameters, change the 'Accumulation Mode' = 'Merge Incoming Attribute'

Badge

In your Dissolver Parameters, change the 'Accumulation Mode' = 'Merge Incoming Attribute'

Thank you @austinh but it doesn't work

Badge

Looks like the line has a gap and that will result in multiple buffers that can not be dissolved.

Good that's works ! Thank you !
Badge

According to the configuration I can have some different results. Maybe that's works and myabe that doesn't work. This technic is not really reliable in my case.

Badge

An example of a dissolver who doesn't work Snapper with before workbench-exemple.zip