Question

Data Inspector Table View Columns Filter not working in 2020

Hello all,

Since updating to FME 2020 (FME(R) 2020.0.1.0 (20200407 - Build 20218 - linux-x64)) the columns filter in the data inspector table view does not work most of the time.

When clicking on the "Columns" button then selecting some columns to display, on clicking "ok" the columns displayed in the table view are filtered to what appears to be a random set of columns. eg. After selecting the following in the column selector:

Clicking ok results in the following columns being displayed in the table view:

As can be seen, they are not the same columns. This happens most of the time, though it does occasionally work correctly. I do not know what is different when it does work. This happens when Data Inspector is opened standalone and also in the Table View in the Visual Preview in Workbench.

This is also occurring in the Windows version of 2020 (FME(R) 2020.0.1.0 (20200407 - Build 20218 - WIN64)). It did not occur when we were using 2019.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Michael Pascoe

cc: @deanhowell

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +10

Hi @michaelpascoe, I'm sorry your experiencing this.

I was unable to reproduce this using FME 2019.1 and FME 2020.0.1. Only those attributes I selected in the column selector appeared in the table in both versions. I'm if wondering there's something unique to the format or datasets that is causing this. What format are you using? Can you share the dataset you're using here? If not, I would suggest opening up a support case with us.

Hi @nampreetatsafe,

The data we are reading in and inspecting is Autocad DWG files.

I have opened a support ticket (C158084). I will update here when I have an outcome.

Thanks for you time.

Michael

Badge +2

Hi @nampreetatsafe,

The data we are reading in and inspecting is Autocad DWG files.

I have opened a support ticket (C158084). I will update here when I have an outcome.

Thanks for you time.

Michael

I'm seeing the same issue (2021.0) - did you get an outcome?