Solved

Bad Arc internal interpretation (From DWG)

Badge

Hi,

I think FME does not treat some arc during transformation.

I have a polygon in a dwg containing a long arc:

What i see in acad:

What i see in FME Data inspector:

the main problem is that some function like spatial relator (IE: "Requestor is within supplier") don't see the circle in the polygon.

In acad, all my circle are inside other polygon, here is what spatial relator see, the highlighted circles are misinterpreted.

If i use a dwg writer to ouput data, the arc seems correct in acad

If i use a shape writer to ouput date, the arc is like the one in FME data inspector.

I attached the minimal workbench and dwg to this post.

Any hint?

David

icon

Best answer by fmelizard 2 August 2018, 01:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @davidhequet The problem is that the default stroking tolerance used in the SpatialRelator is too high and the same for the Data Inspector. If you set the workspace's Stroking Tolerance to a low number, e.g. .001 then the ellipses will be within the polygon even though they appear to intersect with the outer polygon in the Data Inspector.

Badge

Hi @davidhequet The problem is that the default stroking tolerance used in the SpatialRelator is too high and the same for the Data Inspector. If you set the workspace's Stroking Tolerance to a low number, e.g. .001 then the ellipses will be within the polygon even though they appear to intersect with the outer polygon in the Data Inspector.

Oh great, i didn't saw this settings.

Is it possible to customize stroking tolerance for Data Inspector too?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Oh great, i didn't saw this settings.

Is it possible to customize stroking tolerance for Data Inspector too?

Hi @davidhequet There's no way now to set the stroking tolerance in the Data Inspector. Can you post an idea at https://knowledge.safe.com/content/idea/list.html ?