Solved

How to remove gaps between polygons

• 11 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi I am chasing my tail and this is taking far too long to resolve. I have tried what seems like everything and I can't figure out how to remove gaps between polygons. I have tried snapper and it does nothing. I'm at a loss what to do.. Hoping someone has a simple resolution as this shouldn't be hard but I can't seem to find a solution.

icon

Best answer by takashi 11 March 2017, 04:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @gisgeek, the best solution could be different depending on the actual data condition. If I were you, I would try the SliverRemover and/or the Snapper (segment snapping mode) first.

Badge +3

gaps between polygons are donuts of the dissolved polygon.

If they are "open" after dissolve, you can use hull accumulator with a sufficient fine setting. (here i found setting up a tiling strategy to use parallel processing, yields large calculation benefits. If you have to process large amounts of objects.)

if original polygons gave donuts, first id those by extracting them to prevent them being absorbed in the process.

You need some logic though to assign the result to existing polygons (maybe area relation or length of touching side or some other logic)

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

If a priority can be determined, the AnchoredSnapper can be used instead of the Snapper (both in Segment snapping mode).