Question

How to combine polygons with attributes

• 6 June 2019
  • 2 replies

I have a line feature with points nearby that I have created 1. line buffer polygon 2. Points polygon from hull replacer and then hull accumulator. I now want to merge these into 1 polygon and combine the attributes of the 2. I tried using spatialRelator and the attributes come across from the 2 features but it only preserve the base geometry which is the line buffer polygon. I tried using aggregator but no luck. The screenshot shows the 2 features with the narrow strip is the hull accumulator polygon.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

A Dissolver could be another thing to try, but you need to have a way to relate them too. If you run everything through a Dissolver it will create one big polygon of the whole thing, is that what you want?

Do check out the Attribute Accumulation part of the Dissolver parameters then to tell it what to do with the attributes. Same if you decide to use the Aggregator or SpatialRelator.

Thanks @redgeographics. I was able to get this to work. I had to convert the points to line first using point connector and then buffer the line. Hull accumulator transformer created a sliver polygon and the dissolver did not appear to work. As you mentioned, I had to use dissolver and then aggregator after SpatialRelator. Thanks for the help.