Solved

IFC: how to write custom property sets and data?

• 12 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge

I need to write attributes in a custom tab, basically like any of the blue tabs that can be seen here:

(the viewer used is Solibri MV; the model is the top example found here: http://www.ifcwiki.org/index.php?title=KIT_IFC_Examples ). I've tried the AttributeCreator, but the property set doesn't even get written. The method however does work, as standard properties like Identity Data do end up in the IFC:

I also tried the IFCPropertySetDefinitionCreator, but this doesn't produce any empty propety set either (nor do I know how to write values to it). Can FME even write custom attributes?

icon

Best answer by daveatsafe 13 April 2018, 01:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @clickingbuttons,

The following article illustrates how to create custom property sets in IFC:

AutoCAD to IFC Conversion

Badge

Hi @clickingbuttons,

The following article illustrates how to create custom property sets in IFC:

AutoCAD to IFC Conversion

Great, this helped a lot. For some reason I couldn't write feature attributes directly. I had to use new names. E. g. if I had an attribute called "FloorCount" I couldn't just use "FloorCount" in the IFCPropertySetDefinitionCreator and then use the original attribute as source in the GeometryPropertySetter. Instead I prepended an underscore "_FloorCount" in the creator and then created a corresponding attribute and linked it with the original FloorCount attribute.
Badge

Hello @daveatsafe

What are the chances of getting a dedicated video, or maybe even a webinar just for IFC usecases?

I looked at all your articles, that helped a lot, but I still feel like a complete dummie.

Badge +2

Hello @daveatsafe

What are the chances of getting a dedicated video, or maybe even a webinar just for IFC usecases?

I looked at all your articles, that helped a lot, but I still feel like a complete dummie.

Hi @ras,

There are a couple of IFC webinars featuring @daveatsafe with sample workspaces on the Webinars page that might be helpful: