Question

StatisticsCalculator bug?

Badge

It seems that StatisticsCalculator doesn´t work well when I group features by numeric (only numbers: [0-9]+) field keys. I attach a sample.

12 replies

Userlevel 4

Agree that looks like a bug, I was also able to reproduce it. It looks like numeric values loses their trailing zeroes, so that values like 1, 10 and 100 gets grouped together as one.

Another workaround is to cast pk_celda to string by inserting a StringFormatter before the StatisticsCalculator:

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @j4, i tested your Workspace in my FME Desktop 2018 and the error continue.

You can do the suggestion @david_r. :)

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

Hi @j4, thanks for pointing this out to us, I have let our development team know and they are going to take a look at what is going on here. I will post any updates here.

-Liz

Badge

Hi @j4, thanks for pointing this out to us, I have let our development team know and they are going to take a look at what is going on here. I will post any updates here.

-Liz

Thank you.

Badge +8

I wonder if this is related to the bug that I caught in early September. I might have to try what @david_r proposed.

Userlevel 4

I wonder if this is related to the bug that I caught in early September. I might have to try what @david_r proposed.

Let us know how it goes, hopefully it can help Safe find a solution.
Badge +8
Let us know how it goes, hopefully it can help Safe find a solution.
Nice! That worked!
Badge +10
Interestingly the workspace works in 2016 (just replacing the inspectors)

Userlevel 3
Badge +13

Agree that looks like a bug, I was also able to reproduce it. It looks like numeric values loses their trailing zeroes, so that values like 1, 10 and 100 gets grouped together as one.

Another workaround is to cast pk_celda to string by inserting a StringFormatter before the StatisticsCalculator:

Yep, this WAS a bug alright. Sorry about that. It was specific to this transformer and only happened with integers in the group by. Fix going in right now. Will be released as part of a 2017.1.1 hotfix wrap up (and therefore will bein 2017.1.2 and 2018.x as well. Thanks for the good diagnosis @david_r -- sorry for the problem @egomm

/ @j4 / @femo
Badge +2

Hi,

Could you kindly explain the bug... I received the same count in both inspectors... i.e.17891. (2017.0 version)

Pratap

Userlevel 2
Badge +14

Great news @j4, the bug has been fixed in the latest hot fix 2017.1.1.1, which you can download at safe.com/downloads, it is also fixed in any future versions. Thanks again for catching this!

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Great news @j4, the bug has been fixed in the latest hot fix 2017.1.1.1, which you can download at safe.com/downloads, it is also fixed in any future versions. Thanks again for catching this!

Yes, good news. I saw this news on Twitter account :)