Question

Dashed Font from DWG

• 9 February 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +9

Hello all,

We have a DWG that contains a dashed font

I have been able to source a True Type Font that has been set-up as a dashed font but FME does not like it for some reason.

The font reads fine in AutoCAD and MS Word but I get the error "INVALID_PARAMETER_FONT_NAME" when trying to process it through FME.

FME is able to see it in the fonts list when using the PDFStyler

Any ideas as to why FME is not liking the attached font.

5 replies

Badge

Hi @deanhowell,

1. Please try installing the font on the machine (double click on the font file to open it and click on Install button to install it) and run the workspace again. It worked for me after installing font.
  2. If installing font doesn't rectify the issue, first check whether the font 'Dash Regular' is installed properly at the C:\\Windows\\Fonts. After confirming the font is installed properly, open the PDF writer properties and click on 'Parameters' button to open parameters dialogue box. In the parameters dialogue box, set the 'TrueType Fonts Folders:' parameter to C:\\Windows\\Fonts (as suggested in this link) and run the workspace again to test.
Badge +9

Hi @deanhowell,

1. Please try installing the font on the machine (double click on the font file to open it and click on Install button to install it) and run the workspace again. It worked for me after installing font.
  2. If installing font doesn't rectify the issue, first check whether the font 'Dash Regular' is installed properly at the C:\\Windows\\Fonts. After confirming the font is installed properly, open the PDF writer properties and click on 'Parameters' button to open parameters dialogue box. In the parameters dialogue box, set the 'TrueType Fonts Folders:' parameter to C:\\Windows\\Fonts (as suggested in this link) and run the workspace again to test.

Thanks @pallegama, The fonts are installed and able to be used in other applications. I think it must be a permission issue with the way the C:/Windows/Fonts directory set-up from our side. If I copy the dashed font into a separate folder it works if I take the TextStroker out of the workbench but fails if kept in.

Can you attached your output pdf file for me as would like to also see if the other fonts worked as well for you?

Badge

Thanks @pallegama, The fonts are installed and able to be used in other applications. I think it must be a permission issue with the way the C:/Windows/Fonts directory set-up from our side. If I copy the dashed font into a separate folder it works if I take the TextStroker out of the workbench but fails if kept in.

Can you attached your output pdf file for me as would like to also see if the other fonts worked as well for you?

Hi @deanhowell,

PDF output contains all fonts as depicted in the screenshot below. I have also attached PDF output herewith testpdf.pdf.

Badge +9

Hi @deanhowell,

PDF output contains all fonts as depicted in the screenshot below. I have also attached PDF output herewith testpdf.pdf.

Thanks @pallegama, you are a champion. It certainly looks more and more like a local permission issue. Do you see any any warnings in the log like the following when you run the model?

Badge

Thanks @pallegama, you are a champion. It certainly looks more and more like a local permission issue. Do you see any any warnings in the log like the following when you run the model?

Hi @deanhowell,

This seems an unresolved bug (FMEENGINE-37316 ) in FME PDF Writer as reported by Safe Software in this post.