Question

spatial join

• 12 December 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge
Hi all,

May be a simple question. I want to select part of polyons which do not intersect polygon objects.  I have to keep all part of polygons which are > 60 cm away from the polygon objects. I tried to use the topologybuilder to convert to lines. Hereafter I use a spatialrelator with requester the objectpolygons with buffer of 60cm. Tester: overlay is not 1. Result: The part of the red line is not selected where condition > 60 cm is met. (compared to the green line). See picture below.

MAVA

5 replies

Badge +3
Hi MAVA,

That normally would work.

But the spatialrelator is 'broken". It is fixed in the lates fem2015 beta release(s).

Use a LineOnAreaOverlayer like this:

Buffer on green lines and Redborder coerced to a polyline

If i do this same workspace and replace LoA-overlayer with a spatialrelator (with calculate cardinality) it can't find the bits in the buffer. (because the SR gives them all same values and cannot find within)
Badge
Hi Gio,

That clearified a lot. The spatialrelator was a pain in the arse:(   I tried your workbench but I get not the result I want. Probably i did something wrong. The red border lines appears as whole polygons. I need only the parts of polygon where > 60 cm from the objects.

Mava

Badge +3
Hi Again,

Now i  did same wich did'nt work 2 days ago, and exactly same workspace now does work with the spatialrelator with a "WITHIN" clause...(instead of the LineOnAreaOverlayer in the picture above.)

...strange but true.

Of course it should work. But, i don't know why it sometimes refuses to.
Badge
Hi Gio,

Thanks for your information. I solve the 'BHG > 60 cm' in arcGIS with the Intersection and buffer tool. The result is ok now.  But I still bother with the Neighborhood transfer and the VertexCreator (add point) and (replace point). Both transformers do not 'snap'to the right object line.

In the picture above, the green line is the VertexCreator add point.  But the red polyline is on the right place and should not have to move because it lies exactly on the border fo the object TERREIN.

the same result as the picture above I got with the VertexCreator (replace point).

When I use the anchoredSnapper (Segment snapping = 0.6) I got the result in the above picture.  The purple line is snapped too far to the left suddenly. I tried to filter out the lines with the file 'intersector_lines and 'provinciegrens Limburg' (= the red line) with the SpatialRelator which are equal, but still I got not the desired result I want.  Probably the spatialRelator is still broken. Do you know any other method to solve this problem?  Also AnchoredSnapper snaps to all lines within 0.6 meters away and does not taken into account the object lines equals to the red border line.  That is the problem now, I do not know how to solve it within FME. In arcGIS  I noticed you have more options with snapping. May be to focus on ArcGIS from now.

MAVA
Badge

Hi Gio,

The above pic shows far too less vertexes for both the border line and the object line. THe brown line should snap to the object line just below it (= within 60cm). But the Anchordsnapper works here either (Segment snapping), because of too less density points at the object line and border line, I guess. I incorporate a densify transformer and chopper between it, but not really satisfiying results.

MAVA