Question

Raster Mosaicking is not working for me

• 2 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +10

I used the QRCode transformer in a separate workspace to create the png. I need to add the "Data" attribute stored on the QR Code by the transformer added as an image below the QR Code. So I'm mosaicking the QR Code with its own description below it. With the two sets of PNG files (1 for the QR Code and another for the description), I'd like to produce a mosaicked png from the two sources.

For some reason the writer is not working.

I wonder what else I can to produce one feature per ID.

Attached is a screenshot of my workspace and the inspector for ten features.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @salvaleonrp,

From the numbers of feature going through the transformers, it looks like the QR images are not being matched with the Data attribute images in the RasterMosaicker. Please double check the ID values to ensure you do have matches.

Badge +10

Hi @salvaleonrp,

From the numbers of feature going through the transformers, it looks like the QR images are not being matched with the Data attribute images in the RasterMosaicker. Please double check the ID values to ensure you do have matches.

@DaveAtSafe did you take a look at the inspector screenshot? I believe there is a match on the ID.There is a matching pair of ID from two different basenames. I did a sanity check on the duplicates and the number of duplicates = number of uniques.

Just to do more checks, I also attribute encoding, feature holder but they did not help either.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
@DaveAtSafe did you take a look at the inspector screenshot? I believe there is a match on the ID.There is a matching pair of ID from two different basenames. I did a sanity check on the duplicates and the number of duplicates = number of uniques.

Just to do more checks, I also attribute encoding, feature holder but they did not help either.

Hi @salvaleonrp,

Good point - the IDs are the same. So there must be another reason the images are not being mosaicked. I see that you have Input Ordered set to By Group, which may be the problem. FME will read all the features from the first reader before reading from the second, so the inputs will not be ordered by ID. Please set Input Ordered to No.

Badge +10

I tried that but this time I get another error saying that one raster has 3 bands and another has 1. Rasteselector didn't seem to help me either. I also changed the description raster to mono and gray to limit the bands to match with the QR code. Anything else to talk try?

Badge

QRCode transformer creat a one band raster with palette, You can use

RasterPaletteResolver

to convert it to RGB raster. so you can use RasterMosaicker.