Solved

Rearrange and sum up attributes/values

Hi there

My first post here, so be gentle.

I have made FME workbench to calculate different kind of attributes from DWG file (line lengths, areas etc.) and export the results to Excel file. The idea is that the workbench calculates the chosen things from DWG file and distributes them according to the divider area. Calculating part is working like a charm, but I have a problem with arranging results to form I want. It is hard to explain (in English what I mean, so here is the picture that hopefully explain what iam looking after. I have spent way too much time to solve this problem by myself, so I am more than happy if someone could push me to right way.

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by sipsysigh 13 May 2019, 16:41

View original

3 replies

Badge +22

You'll want to use either an aggregator or a statisticsCalculator. In either case you'll want to set the group-by parameter to CAD LAYER.

Badge

Hi,

I would agree with @jdh's answer. If you are a relative new comer to FME then I think that the StatisticsCalculator is probably an easier transformer to get to grips with and understand.

If you want to use the StatisticsCalculator then you might want to consider the following parameters:

Setting the Group By to "CAD LAYER" and "Area (Divider)" will ensure that if the features have the same "CAD LAYER" and "Area (Divider)" values then the "Area (m2)" will be summed and counted appropriately. If you just Group By "CAD LAYER" then a feature with Area 1, Layer 1 would be grouped with a feature with Area 2, Layer 1 which you might not necessarily want.

Hi,

I would agree with @jdh's answer. If you are a relative new comer to FME then I think that the StatisticsCalculator is probably an easier transformer to get to grips with and understand.

If you want to use the StatisticsCalculator then you might want to consider the following parameters:

Setting the Group By to "CAD LAYER" and "Area (Divider)" will ensure that if the features have the same "CAD LAYER" and "Area (Divider)" values then the "Area (m2)" will be summed and counted appropriately. If you just Group By "CAD LAYER" then a feature with Area 1, Layer 1 would be grouped with a feature with Area 2, Layer 1 which you might not necessarily want.

Thanks sipsysigh, StatisticsCalculator did the job!