Question

Database Connection: Permission Error or Java Error?

• 30 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello,

When I try to connect to existing stored database connections or new database connections. I get the errors outlined below. The error sound like either a java or permission error.

Does any one have advice on how to figure this issue out?

Thanks!

Background Info

• SQL server and SDE connections
  • Can connect to local (SQL Lite) database
  • I have previously connected to all the databases I currently can't access
  • I currently have permission to access the databases, tested with SQL server management studio
  • Issue appeared in the last week or so
  • Connecting with windows authentication (not server authentication)
  • Desktop bit FME(R) 2018.0.1.0 (20180518 - Build 18310 - WIN64)

Similar to these topics:

SQL Server and ArcSDE I get the error:

"Unable to Retrieve connection NameOfConnection Please check log file. The message window lists some Java error. Image below:

Accordingly I thought my old connection may have an issue, so I went to create a new connection to the same database, and receive the error below.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +11

Hi @notmyname,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this issue. Which MSSQL non-spatial reader are you using (JDBC or Azure)? And what version of MSSQL Server are you using? Would you also be able to share your full log file? I noticed that the provider error that you're getting is listed in this article. Even though the initial message is a bit different, would you able to give that a look through and see if any of those causes and resolutions apply to you?

Please let me know if any of those work for you, and if not, I can do my best to help you troubleshoot further.
Badge

Hi @notmyname,

Sorry to hear that you've run into this issue. Which MSSQL non-spatial reader are you using (JDBC or Azure)? And what version of MSSQL Server are you using? Would you also be able to share your full log file? I noticed that the provider error that you're getting is listed in this article. Even though the initial message is a bit different, would you able to give that a look through and see if any of those causes and resolutions apply to you?

Please let me know if any of those work for you, and if not, I can do my best to help you troubleshoot further.

Thanks for the response. It is SQL server 2014. I solved my problems by ignoring them and installing the latest version of FME.

Badge

Solved by upgrading to latest FME version