Question

BRepSolidBoundaryCreator and FME 2019+

Badge +1

I have tried using the BREpSolidBoundaryCreator Custom Transformer that has been very kindly created by Takashi.

I'm using FME 2019 (Build 19238)

Log suggests some issues with Python libraries (see attached image).

Has anyone else come across this ???

Is this Transformer Compatible with FME 2019 ???

Any help much appreciated

Regards

Howard L'

@takashi

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @howard_l, the transformer contains some Python scripts and those should work with both Python 2.7 and Python 3.x.

In my quick test, the attached workspace containing the transformer worked fine in FME 2019.0.2 build 19260. Can you please try running this with Python 2.7 and 3.x,?

brep-solid-boundary-creator-python-compatibility.fmw (FME 2019.0.2)

Badge +1

HiYa @takashi, thanks very much for your reply.

Some observations...

FME 2019 (Build 19238)

I ran the workbench that you attached - same result as previously - did not work -(see screen dump and error message below).

I then copied and pasted all parts of your workbench into a brand new FME workbench, saved file (new *.fmw)

Ran new workbench file *** IT WORKS ***

Not sure exactly why this copy and paste trick works - but it does !!! (see screen dump below)

I've now updated FME 2019 to FME 2019.1 (Build 19608)

Again, your original file does not work - but a copy and pasted version runs well in Build 19608

Thanks once again for your help with this.

Regards

Howard L'

Original FMW - does not work

Elements copied and pasted to new workbench - works

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

HiYa @takashi, thanks very much for your reply.

Some observations...

FME 2019 (Build 19238)

I ran the workbench that you attached - same result as previously - did not work -(see screen dump and error message below).

I then copied and pasted all parts of your workbench into a brand new FME workbench, saved file (new *.fmw)

Ran new workbench file *** IT WORKS ***

Not sure exactly why this copy and paste trick works - but it does !!! (see screen dump below)

I've now updated FME 2019 to FME 2019.1 (Build 19608)

Again, your original file does not work - but a copy and pasted version runs well in Build 19608

Thanks once again for your help with this.

Regards

Howard L'

Original FMW - does not work

Elements copied and pasted to new workbench - works

Pytnon 2.7 could have been deprecated already in your FME installation. Try setting "Python 3.x+" to the Python Compatibility parameter.

Badge +1

Pytnon 2.7 could have been deprecated already in your FME installation. Try setting "Python 3.x+" to the Python Compatibility parameter.

Thanks @takashi,

*** Setting the Python Compatibility Parameter seems to have fixed the issue ***

Thanks once again - hugely appreciated

Regards

Howard L'

Badge +1

Thanks @takashi,

*** Setting the Python Compatibility Parameter seems to have fixed the issue ***

Hugely appreciated

Thanks once again

Regards

Howard L'