Solved

Data Inspector Background Maps & Federated or Enterprise ArcGIS Online Account Support?

• 7 September 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +10

Does FME support federated or enterprise ArcGIS Online accounts?

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by xiaomengatsafe 8 September 2017, 23:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
Which version of FME are you using, and which authentication methods? I'd suggest using FME2017 because it had a good amount of work on authenticating ArcGIS online. Depending on the authentication type we might need to pass this on to the support team to discuss with our developers.

Badge +10
Which version of FME are you using, and which authentication methods? I'd suggest using FME2017 because it had a good amount of work on authenticating ArcGIS online. Depending on the authentication type we might need to pass this on to the support team to discuss with our developers.

My apologies for not including that. I'm using 2017.0.1.

I'm a bit confused by the authentication method question. Isn't the only authentication related to the background maps in inspector shown in the first screenshot?

Userlevel 4
Badge +25
My apologies for not including that. I'm using 2017.0.1.

I'm a bit confused by the authentication method question. Isn't the only authentication related to the background maps in inspector shown in the first screenshot?

Right, but you asked about enterprise systems, and in their setup I believe you can set that up to have a specific authentication for single sign in, using a specific ID verification (NetIQ, OpenAM, etc). I could be going well offbase here, but I just wondered if your enterprise setup had a specific authentication.

Badge +10
Right, but you asked about enterprise systems, and in their setup I believe you can set that up to have a specific authentication for single sign in, using a specific ID verification (NetIQ, OpenAM, etc). I could be going well offbase here, but I just wondered if your enterprise setup had a specific authentication.

Ah, I see. I'm not very familiar with our configuration but I don't think i've ever used a specific ID verification to login to AGOL. In AGOL, I select login with enterprise account, enter my ArcGIS organization's URL, then connect using my windows login.

Badge +2

Hi @carmijo, I think our AGOL reader (in 2017.0 and newer) added the authentication method you need, but it is not added into the Data Inspector's background map dialog. You might be able to use the AGOL reader under Other FME Format option, to connect the way you want.

Badge +10

Hi @carmijo, I think our AGOL reader (in 2017.0 and newer) added the authentication method you need, but it is not added into the Data Inspector's background map dialog. You might be able to use the AGOL reader under Other FME Format option, to connect the way you want.

Thanks @XiaomengAtSafe. This did the trick. I was able to use an AGOL Feature Service