Question

Sting to Number

Badge

I am trying to configure a means of converting a string such as 6.0.2 to a number 602 so that I can run it through a statistics calculator to get the Max. There may be only one entry, such as 6.0.2 or multiple entries such as 4.4.0, 6.0.0, 6.0.1 and 6.0.2. From either example I want to keep 602 and pass that as the Max attribute. That attribute is then tested to see if it is greater than or equal to 440. I am attaching pictures of my string replacer and statistics calculator. I have looked at a previous question "Converting Sting to Number" and tried some of those suggestions, even added a string formatter but still get an empty Max attribute.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

I tried to reproduce this issue with FME 2018.0 but it works as it should, my max value is 602 as expected:

Result:

Are you able to reproduce the issue in a minimal workspace (such as the attached template) and post it here?

string-to-num-stat.fmwt

Badge

I tried to reproduce this issue with FME 2018.0 but it works as it should, my max value is 602 as expected:

Result:

Are you able to reproduce the issue in a minimal workspace (such as the attached template) and post it here?

string-to-num-stat.fmwt

I'm using Version: FME(R) 2017.1.2.1 (20180117 - Build 17725 - WIN32)

Here is what I have:

With the Logger connected to StatisticsCalculator I get this:

With Logger connected to StringReplacer I get this:

Looks like it's something in the Calculator. But I can't figure it out.

Badge

@daleatsafe any thoughts on this

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Here is what I have:

I'm afraid that the StatisticsCalculator has broken internally. In other workspaces, does the StatisticsCalculator work as expected? If not, it could be worth to try reinstalling FME Desktop.

Userlevel 4

Here is what I have:

Indeed, something really strange is going on: