Solved

Create buffers based on Distance and find the count of points within buffer

Badge

Hello All,

I have two datasets. The first dataset is excel files that show citizens' residence the second dataset is GTFS. I want to find the number of residents who live within 400 meters from the existing bus stops. I would appreciate the help or advice. Thanks

icon

Best answer by rodrigo_ferrao 7 August 2020, 01:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

As far as I an tell from the description, you will need these trasformers:

Bufferer to create the 400 m buffer area

PointOnAreaOverlayer to count the residents in the buffer area.

This is a great site to find the description of the transformers: Transformer Help

Badge

As far as I an tell from the description, you will need these trasformers:

Bufferer to create the 400 m buffer area

PointOnAreaOverlayer to count the residents in the buffer area.

This is a great site to find the description of the transformers: Transformer Help

Thank you Erik for the reply. I have applied Buffer transformer on bus stops and then used PointOnAreaOverlayer transformer's area input to Buffer output and Point to residents location. The output does not show the count. It shows overlap 0. Please advise. Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +12
Thank you Erik for the reply. I have applied Buffer transformer on bus stops and then used PointOnAreaOverlayer transformer's area input to Buffer output and Point to residents location. The output does not show the count. It shows overlap 0. Please advise. Thanks

Are the points actually point objects? And in the same coordinate system as the buffers?

To create points from attributes you can use the VertexCreator transformer.

Badge +1

My youtube tutorial on how to buffer points in fme may be helpful to answer this question:

https://youtu.be/UEPgs4a-_zo

Badge

Vertex Creator in Residences Lat/Long then connect it in PoinOnAreaOverlayer point entrance.

Vertex creator in Lat/Long of bus stop then geographicbufferer to 400 m then connect it in area entrance of pointonareaoverlayer.

The points will have the Id of the areas (Buffers) and a overlaps of 1 (inside polygon) or 0 (out of buffers). If you have buffer overlapping you may have overlaps greater than 1.

The areas (buffer) will have the amount of points on it in the overlaps field