Question

3D DWG TO 3D DGN

• 3 December 2018
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello,

I am running a conversion, using a generated workspace and the information I found here:

https://knowledge.safe.com/articles/1470/how-to-convert-dwg-to-dgn-autocad-to-microstation.html

Now this is a very basic conversion and what is supposed to be written in the .dgn format is this:

However, when the dgn is created the output is this:

Essentially, the Multisurfaces are converted into Lines. Now I have checked the writer parameters, but I was unable to find relevant information, besides the seed file (I tried both the seed3d_v8 and seed3d_m_v8_). Now as I am not very experienced with the dgn structure and geometry types, I would like to ask you how can I keep the solid (multisurface) geometry as an output and not break it into lines?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

George

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @georgefloros,

I am sorry, but FME cannot currently write surface geometries to Microstation DGN. We are working on adding this capability (FMEENGINE-8470), and I will notify you as soon as it is available in beta.

Badge

Hi @georgefloros,

I am sorry, but FME cannot currently write surface geometries to Microstation DGN. We are working on adding this capability (FMEENGINE-8470), and I will notify you as soon as it is available in beta.

Hello @daveatsafe

I was wondering if there is any update on this? Iam trying to do a reprojection from a 3D DGN and I want to write on a 3D DGN, however geometries break into lines (FME 2019.0),

Thank you for your time

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hello @daveatsafe

I was wondering if there is any update on this? Iam trying to do a reprojection from a 3D DGN and I want to write on a 3D DGN, however geometries break into lines (FME 2019.0),

Thank you for your time

Hi @georgefloros,

I'm sorry, but the work to add 3D writing to DGN is not yet complete. I will notify you as soon as this is available in beta.

Badge

Hi @georgefloros,

I'm sorry, but the work to add 3D writing to DGN is not yet complete. I will notify you as soon as this is available in beta.

Hi, @daveatsafe! Were there any shifts in this direction during previous year?

Userlevel 3
Badge +18

hello @daveatsafe​ , 3D writing to DGN is not possible yet in 2021.0, correct? As I'm not a DGN-user, might be possible I'm missing something in the settings or correct workflow...