Question

How to clip polygon overlap

Badge +5
Hi,

I have a contour layer and a boundary BUT the boundary is overlay. It means the boundary has 3 zone:

Now, I want to clip contour layer based on boundary. I used to clip but it wasn't as I want.

Could you tell me please how can I do?

12 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi,

If you need to create 3 contour layers each of which is inside of corresponding boundary, create 3 copies of the contour layer; add boundary ID to them; clip them by the boundaries using the Clipper (Group By: ID).

Takashi
Badge +5
Hi,

But if I have multiple boundary, how can I do? Could you tell me how I do?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
If I understood your question correctly, this workflow works.

Badge +5
Hi,

I tried it and and my result isnot  still true:

My model :

Could you tell me why? Thank you
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
I cannot find any wrong part in the workspace. If you hide green contour lines on the viewer, how do others appear?
Badge +3
..yes, turn of the green one...

You should have overlapping clipped objects using the described process.

This is because of the duplication of overlapped objects trough listexplosion and subsequent Grouping.
Badge +5
Hi,

The above photo I open by connect Inspector in FME. It's OK

BUT when I write in mapinfo, I got result :

Could you tell me please why?? Thank you
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Try to open and check the MapInfo data using FME Data Inspector.
Badge +5
I tried to write in Mapinfo. I saw in brown table, they have many record BUT in my map, it's some line :(.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Therefore, I've recommended you to check the MapInfo data with FME Data Inspector. You can open the data with Data Inspector directly. And also, I would recommend you to see the Log after the translation. If there were any problem while writing the MapInfo data, some warning messages might be logged.
Badge +5
Hi,

It's my log file. 

https://www.mediafire.com/?i6omoi489lmzbli

Could you help me and please let me know that I met problem?

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Looks like there is an inconsistency between "mapinfo_type" attribute value and the actual geometry type. Try removing "mapinfo_type" from every feature before writing. You can expose "mapinfo_type" with the AttributeExposer before removing.