Question

Schemamapper rename and create new attributes simultaneously

I have many xls worksheets where I need to rename some fields as well as create some new fields. I created an xls with the lookup attributes I need as well as what to set the values for the new attributes.

Original - Source Attribute

New - New attribute

Value - attribute value where this needs to be set.

I was able to Import this file and use within the AttributeManager without any issues with both the new and existing attributes mapping correctly. However because I have many spreadsheets that I need to update and the values periodically change for the new attributes I'd like to be able to feed in this table through the Schemamapper. However when I try and do this the attributes successfully rename but the new attributes aren't coming across. I'd like to keep the schema table in one file preferably.

Can the schemamapper do this?

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @cillingworth81, the SchemaMapper doesn't seem to support defining two actions ("Set New Attributes" and "Map Attributes") with a single table that has a column common to the actions ("New" column in your example).

A quick workaround is to use two SchamaMappers. The first SchemaMapper should perform the action "Set Attribute Value (New = Value)", and then the second one performs the action "Map Attributes (Original -> New)".

Thank you that worked!