Question

Mapnik Rasterizer missing output

• 14 December 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I've been working with the mapnik rasterizer tool looking to rasterize polygon geometry. Each time I try to create my output I get large blank areas on my raster. Please see image attached.

When I inspect the vector data it appears fine with no missing data.

Thanks for the help!!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @bjudes

That seems pretty frustrating - from what I can tell from teh workspace it looks like you are reading about 30,000 features, however, only abut 10,000 features are actually reaching the MapnikRasterizer. Is it possible that the reaming 20,000 features cover the blank areas?

Failing that it would help if you could share the workspace with us. Here's a great webinar that focuses on making maps and discusses the use of the MapnikRasterizer quite a bit. There could be some good tips in there.
Badge +3

Hi @bjudes

That seems pretty frustrating - from what I can tell from teh workspace it looks like you are reading about 30,000 features, however, only abut 10,000 features are actually reaching the MapnikRasterizer. Is it possible that the reaming 20,000 features cover the blank areas?

Failing that it would help if you could share the workspace with us. Here's a great webinar that focuses on making maps and discusses the use of the MapnikRasterizer quite a bit. There could be some good tips in there.
I passed the rest of the features into the rasterizer and it does now give a complete picture. I don't think it was just that these features covered that area as features that I know should have appeared didn't. Either way, it works now. Thanks for your help.