Solved

Attributes in Contour Line

• 22 November 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi,

I have Yellow lines with values ( attribute Value ) and i need to assign value to quotes ( red lines ), respecting the interval Value+1:

My situation:

What i want ( black numbers ):

Attached my files.

Thanks, -

Danilo

icon

Best answer by jdh 23 November 2017, 00:00

View original

8 replies

Badge +22

I have two wildly different suggestions.

1. Generate a surface model from just the known contours (yellow) and drape the unknown contours (red) on the surface, get the average Z value for the contour and round to the nearest interger.

2. Use some combinations of the LeftRightSpatialCalculator and NeighborFinder. Thought is that for each known contour you check whether the nearest known contour on the Left is increasing or decreasing. Then the nearest unknown contour on the left side will be +/-1 and the opposite on the right. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Userlevel 5
Badge +25

1. Generate a surface model from just the known contours (yellow) and drape the unknown contours (red) on the surface, get the average Z value for the contour and round to the nearest interger.

2. Use some combinations of the LeftRightSpatialCalculator and NeighborFinder. Thought is that for each known contour you check whether the nearest known contour on the Left is increasing or decreasing. Then the nearest unknown contour on the left side will be +/-1 and the opposite on the right. Wash, rinse, repeat.
My first suggestion would be #1 too, it would be an interpretation though, depending on how wild the terrain changes in the black contours it may or may not be correct.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @jdh, thanks your help.

The number 1 = is use the transformer SurfaceModeller ?

Thanks,

Danilo
Userlevel 4
Badge +30
My first suggestion would be #1 too, it would be an interpretation though, depending on how wild the terrain changes in the black contours it may or may not be correct.

Thanks @redgeographics :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +30
Hi @jdh, thanks your help.

The number 1 = is use the transformer SurfaceModeller ?

Thanks,

Danilo
@jdh and @redgeographics

hi, is ok with my Workspace above?

Thanks,Danilo
Userlevel 5
Badge +25
@jdh and @redgeographics

hi, is ok with my Workspace above?

Thanks,Danilo
Yes, that should do the trick.

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @redgeographics,

This process is so slow? Attached the logfile.

Thanks, - log-file.txt

Danilo

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hi @redgeographics,

This process is so slow? Attached the logfile.

Thanks, - log-file.txt

Danilo

Hard to say without knowing how much data you're processing. It has to build a surface model out of the existing contours, then drape the intermediate ones over that.