Solved

RasterExtentsCoercer not retaining attribute data

• 28 October 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

My features have an attribute _mapsheet. When I use the inspector I can see the _mapsheet attribute is populated when it comes out of the FeatureReader

But then when I check the attribute after it has been through the RasterExtentsCoercer (which I have named RawRasterExtent in my workspace) the attribute is no longer populated.

I had this workspace working in FME 2017. Is this a bug in 2018? Or is there something extra I need to do.

TIA

icon

Best answer by takashi 29 October 2018, 02:41

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @rclarkenz, I was able to reproduce the same symptom as yours, with FME 2018.1.0.3. The RasterExtensCoercer (Extents Type: Raster Extents or Data MBR Extents) won't propagate user attributes of the input feature to the output feature.

It seems to be a bug. @DanAtSafe, can you please check this one?

Format attributes seem to be preserved, so as a workaround in the interim, you could expose "fme_dataset" in the FeatureReader and merge back all the attributes after the RasterExtentsCoercer.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @rclarkenz, I was able to reproduce the same symptom as yours, with FME 2018.1.0.3. The RasterExtensCoercer (Extents Type: Raster Extents or Data MBR Extents) won't propagate user attributes of the input feature to the output feature.

Format attributes seem to be preserved, so as a workaround in the interim, you could expose "fme_dataset" in the FeatureReader and merge back all the attributes after the RasterExtentsCoercer.

Hi @takashi I can't reproduce the problem with FME 2018 or 2019. If you have a demo then please send it to https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ Thanks!

Badge +1

Thanks @takashi this work around worked for us.
Userlevel 2
Badge +17
Hi @takashi I can't reproduce the problem with FME 2018 or 2019. If you have a demo then please send it to https://www.safe.com/support/report-a-problem/ Thanks!

Hi @DanAtSafe, in my observation, the symptom occurs when the attribute name starts with an underscore (_) and the Extents Type parameter is set to "Raster Extents" or "Data MBR Extents".

See also this workspace: b18552-rasterextentscoercer-missing-attributes.fmwt (FME 2018.1.0.3)