Solved

Line joining/tracing till getting elevation value

• 4 August 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

please, I wanna solve one problem with line elevation on wastewater network. I have really big network of lines in 2D, but every line has 2 attributes (BOTTOM_ELEVATION_FIRST - elevation of first line vertex and BOTTOM_ELEVATION_LAST - elevation of last line vertex). Unfortunately, values of these 2 attributes are not filled for all features. So, I have situation when some features have both values, some features have just one value and some features have none values. :-/ What I need is to join lines according to fact if the attribute of elevation is filled or not - the goal is getting lines which have filled both attribute values.

Do you have any idea, how to figure out this issue, please?

Thank You so much!

Lubo

icon

Best answer by takashi 4 August 2017, 17:57

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @lazarlubomir, i dont have any example similar with this case. Could you share us a piece of your data?

Thanks,

Danilo

Userlevel 1
Badge +18

I'm think of joining the lines, use a 3dForcer and use the MeasureOrZvalueInterpolator to interpolate the values.

Can you share some example data? What do you want to happen with the pink line?

It is also helpful if you update analyze.jpg by not only displaying <missing> but also what values you want to generate.

Badge +1

Hello, @danilo_inovacao and @stalknecht, I attached small sample of data in SQLite. My aim is to analyze whole network and to find lines which are wrongly oriented according to elevation logic.wastewater-elevation.zip

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hello, @danilo_inovacao and @stalknecht, I attached small sample of data in SQLite. My aim is to analyze whole network and to find lines which are wrongly oriented according to elevation logic.wastewater-elevation.zip

Thanks @lazarlubomir your source data.

I opened in FME Data Inspector and i have doubt. In image below red color ( miss attribute ) and blue color ( with attribute ):

In this case, what is necessary to do with red line?

Thanks,

Danilo
Badge +1
Thanks @lazarlubomir your source data.

I opened in FME Data Inspector and i have doubt. In image below red color ( miss attribute ) and blue color ( with attribute ):

In this case, what is necessary to do with red line?

Thanks,

Danilo
@danilo_inovacao Probably this is connector line, sign of this is attribute value of ID_FUNCTION=2. Option is to filter out these connector lines...

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @lazarlubomir, this workspace might help you: wastewater-elevation.fmwt (FME 2017.0.1.1)

Userlevel 4
Badge +30

Hi @lazarlubomir, this workspace might help you: wastewater-elevation.fmwt (FME 2017.0.1.1)

Good Job @takashi :) I executed your workspace here in my machine and i believe that @lazarlubomir want.
Badge +1

@takashi and @danilo_inovacao

Hello guys, its great solution! Thank You so much!

Anyway, I met one more problem, but with line direction. Do You have any tips, how to figure situation with network where are cycles? I suppose that NetworkFlowOrientor can do that, but based on distance from destination, right?

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

According to the help, the behavior on cycle edges seems to be undefined. By case, you will have to modify the network data based on the requirement.

"Usage Notes: The functionality works well in a non-cycle network; however, it does not always yield desired results in a cycle network. One way to fix a cycle network is to omit edges that should not be modified from the input." -- NetworkFlowOrientor Help