Solved

Neighborhood Aggregator not working properly?

• 7 February 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have an urgent question regarding the transformer "NeighborhoodAggregator".

The following numbers are used for the width and height which are equivalent to 0.0316897 (mile).

I also used 2D Gridder to visualize the width and height and it looks like the following image.

My question is that how come my 2 points which are 0.0316897 (mile) apart, do not get aggregated. I am using EPSG:4326 for my coordinate system. By the way, what is the difference between doing buffer/dissolve compared to using NeighborhoodAggregator?

icon

Best answer by ebygomm 7 February 2019, 20:45

View original

1 reply

Badge +10

The neighbourhood aggregator doesn't work in the way you are expecting it to (or the way that would be most useful!). It effectively creates a grid of squares which are the size of the neighbourhoods and then groups features depending on which square their centre point falls within.

I expect a process where you buffer and dissolve to define your neighbourhoods will give an output closer to what you are looking for.

You can also use a neighbourfinder followed by a list combiner to create a common attribute for all features within a certain distance of each other