Question

Relationship feature class creation for Polygon featureclass with Table error?

I have file geodatabase which contains polygon featureclass and Table with unique ID and common field.

While creating relationship class in fme the following error is coming...

Error :--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to create table/feature class/relationship class of type 'geodb_invalid'. Creation of this type is not currently supported by FME, and must be done through Esri tools

GeodatabaseRelationshipFeaturesPipeline::GeodatabaseRelationshipFeatures(SortFactory): A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

Some error has occurred closing the pipeline factory, see previous warning

None of the edits made during the edit session were saved

Abnormal termination of the Geodatabase reader

Error :/-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please can advise where I am wrong.

2 replies

Badge +2

FME Can't create a relationship class. See the section on Writing Relationship Classes. You have to create the relationship in ArcGIS. There is a tutorial on working with Geodatabases.

Talking of classes: there are two free instructor led FME Desktop for Esri training classes this week: Tue 19th July and Thur 21 Jul 2016. Register here

How did you resolve this error

I'm experiencing the same problem.

I have created the relationship class in the geodatabase and have n XML template to use.

The transaction fails ,but Arc Catalog has to two tables created in the geodatabase with no data.

I appreciate any insight on this error

Thanks