Question

GeographicNeighborFinder - does not work after SQLExecutor

Badge +2

Hello community,

I was using the GeographicNeighborFinder until now without a problem.

Today I wanted to automate the process even more and suddenly the GNF does not match anything even if (by running the old way), it does match a few hundred items.

The things I changed:

Instead of loading 2 excel files as readers -> I obtain the 2 excel files in FME:

-the first one by doing a join in between 2 excel files (like a VLookup - I was doing this manually until now);

-the second one via database query (I was manually updating an excel query until now);

Although with the Inspector I see the exact rows and columns I had (and would have) in the desired Excel file, the GNF does not seem to like it.

It would save me a lot of time if I could just do it as I have tried now.

Can anyone tell me where I got this one wrong?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

I would start with connecting Inspector transformer to the Tester and Reprojector to check if the data going into the GeographicNeighborFinder are in fact within the tolerance of the GNF.

You can also use the caches to check the coordinates, but Inspector transformers allow to view them in the same window.

Badge +2

I would start with connecting Inspector transformer to the Tester and Reprojector to check if the data going into the GeographicNeighborFinder are in fact within the tolerance of the GNF.

You can also use the caches to check the coordinates, but Inspector transformers allow to view them in the same window.

Good tip. I did add the Inspector and it seems both datasets forward the 2 lat/long columns that should give the GNF the data it needs to compute the search.

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

Good tip. I did add the Inspector and it seems both datasets forward the 2 lat/long columns that should give the GNF the data it needs to compute the search.

But do they both actually have the geometry? If one has the attributes and the other a geometry, The GNF will not find a match. In that case you will need to use the VertexCreator to build the geometry from the attributes.

Badge +2

But do they both actually have the geometry? If one has the attributes and the other a geometry, The GNF will not find a match. In that case you will need to use the VertexCreator to build the geometry from the attributes.

Facepalm! Geez. That was it. How could I not see that?

It did work now.

Many thanks! @erik_jan