Question

FME Server IMAP publisher - could not find publisher

Hi all,

I am trying to set up an imap publisher, but everytime I try to save it it comes up with the error 'Could not find publisher'. The same error applies when I try to validate the publisher. All required fields have been filled in on the publisher.

I don't know what the error means as I can't find any reference to it in any documentation.

It looks like all my publishers aren't working as the directory watch publisher doesn't seem to pick anything up either.

Any ideas?

Thanks

4 replies

Badge +9

@gisballarat This also happened to me last week. A previously working IMAP publisher stopped and when I went to check why I saw the same error message. I deleted the publisher and recreated but still kept getting that message. Once I restarted the services and created the publisher again it then validated and it's working fine now. I'm not sure why it happened I would like to know myself as I'm not sure how long it was down before I actually realised there was a problem.

@gisballarat This also happened to me last week. A previously working IMAP publisher stopped and when I went to check why I saw the same error message. I deleted the publisher and recreated but still kept getting that message. Once I restarted the services and created the publisher again it then validated and it's working fine now. I'm not sure why it happened I would like to know myself as I'm not sure how long it was down before I actually realised there was a problem.

Unfortunately I have tried to delete, restart and add and still receive the same error
Badge +9
Unfortunately I have tried to delete, restart and add and still receive the same error

Strange.... I definitely only did the restart I played around with it for a while and there was nothing in the log files to explain what was causing the problem. I think i ended up restarting twice. First time I didn't delete the publisher and when I checked it still wasn't working. Second time I removed the publisher before restart and it worked. It's the only publisher I had on that server so when i restarted the publisher list was blank not sure if that makes any difference
Badge +11
Hi @gisballarat - This one sounds very strange! Is there anything suspicious in the log files?

core\\fmeserver.log, core\\fmeprocessmonitorengine.log, core\\publishers\\imap.log