Question

LRS - How can I add a measure value to an offset point?

Badge

I have signs along a road network and need to add a measure value attribute. I have gotten as far as Measure Extractor with valid measure values. I can't figure out the next steps. I can't use the ID field in Feature Merger as it does not know which segment belongs to which sign.

4 replies

Badge

Create a buffer of your vertex point and use the PointOnArea overlay transformer to join your sign point.

Badge

Thank-you Austin but I do not believe this helps. The measure value is in the output line from PointOnLineOverlayer transformer. The MeasureExtractor transformer adds this measure value as an attribute. This endpoint attribute is what I need to add to the sign feature class.

Userlevel 2
Badge +17

Hi @danellelaurin, since the PointOnLineOverlayer adds the measure value on a line to the overlaid point features, you can just use the MeasureExtractor (Type: Point) to extract the measure value from the resulting point features as an attribute, and merge it back to the original Sign features. If the original Sign features didn't have any unique ID attribute which can be used as the join key, consider using the Counter to add temporary ID (sequential number) immediately after reading them.

In addition, you can also merge attributes of a line feature to overlaid point features (and vise versa) using the Merge Attributes option in the PointOnLineOverlayer, if necessary.

Badge

Thanks Takashi, that worked. I changed my MeasureExtractor input from Line (Type:

Individual Vertex by Index) to Point (Type: Point) from the Point PointOnLineOverlay output and merged it back to the original sign table with a unique sign number value.