Question

FME Weekly Quiz: Can you outscore Dennis Langdeau (June 2020-4)

Userlevel 4
Badge +25

Hello FME'ers

I'm back with the quiz. Did you miss me? Or is Jen better? Or should I perhaps not ask questions that I wouldn't like the answer to?!

Either way, your Safe opponent this week is Dennis Langdeau.

Dennis' official title at Safe is Technical Publications Analyst; so he's involved in documentation, but he also is responsible for setting up company-wide online meetings (like the monthly developer demos) and making recordings of them. That makes Dennis a vital part of keeping us in touch and informed, for those of us who work at home on a permanent basis.

I also just found out that Dennis is a fan of the "Cuban Lunch" - which is actually a form of snack bar that I think originated in Winnipeg, Canada:

Anyway, wherever you are in the world, and whatever time of day it is, now's your chance to take on Dennis at the weekly FME Quiz. The questions this week might be a little tricky, but take your time and think them through, and you should do fine.

https://demos-safe-software.fmecloud.com/fmeserver/apps/FMEQuiz

5 replies

Badge +22

I remember Dale calling point clouds something that begins with the letter E.

Userlevel 2
Badge +19

I got three!! Which is almost 2 more than I thought i was going to get... This quiz wasn't my quiz...

Badge +11

The hidden Group By feature of the Counter. Served me well several times.

Userlevel 1
Badge +21

The hidden Group By feature of the Counter. Served me well several times.

I'm sure some years ago it was mentioned about aligning it to other transformers and use Group By as the name of the parameter, it would make a lot of sense.

Badge +11

I'm sure some years ago it was mentioned about aligning it to other transformers and use Group By as the name of the parameter, it would make a lot of sense.

it was, back in 2016 by taojunabc. Hopefully, this quiz is the trigger to put it on the list for a next release.