Question

Extracting Nested JSON

• 19 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi All,

I am having quite the time getting some nested JSON out of an attribute. My current workflow flattens out the original JSON, then fragments out the nested meetings. I then flatten it out again to expose each attribute for each meeting. I get to a point where I now have an attribute "agendaitems" that can have different amounts of items for each meeting. This is where I am having trouble flattening it out from here. The attribute is filled as <missing> but when inspected has the items listed in the attributes as: agendaitems{0}.bill

agendaitems{0}.description

agendaitems{0}.item

and so on for however many items are associated to it. Is there anyway to get these to all flatten out?

1 reply

Badge +12

Hi,

On the path that you had created in that workspace, if you just want to keep all the information and have one entry for bill, description and item, you could just expose agendaitems{} in Jsonflattener_4 and the use a listexploder to explode that list after that. It would give you all the details and have a feature for every agendaitems.

There are tidier ways to do this, but without have the json, I could get the syntax wrong.

Cheers,

Todd